Vertex 42 Review:
Professional Spreadsheet Templates That Work
August 26, 2021
If you are like me, and almost 80% of the people that need to use excel, and every time you open excel you are clueless and stuck whenever you attempt to use it? You don’t even use 10% of its capabilities, but the most important thing is that if there is a spreadsheet you need, for hundreds of different topics, chances are vertex42 already has it available for you.
Maybe you have been planning on tracking your finances or managing your small start-up business. Maybe you need a Gantt chart, a Calendar, or a financial calculator, well guess what, they have them and they are FREE
You realize that the pen and paper combo just doesn’t seem to work anymore, and sticky notes are just annoying clutter in your workspace. You want to use excel, but you have no idea how to use all of the features, and you don’t have the time or just can’t learn how to do them, so What do you do?
Well just stick around, you will be glad you did.
Vertex42 is a website where you can find hundreds of newbie-friendly spreadsheet templates designed for a variety of uses.
It was founded in 2003 by brothers Jon Wittwer, a mechanical engineer, and Jim Wittwer, a graphic designer.
Dr. Jon Wittwer was incredibly obsessed with Excel while he was still pursuing his Ph.D. in mechanical engineering. He was known on the campus as the excel guy (how cute!) One day, he decided to dive into online business and put up the website.
His brother, Jim Wittwer, is a graphic designer by profession and helped mainly by designing the website for the excel guy. He is known to be fond of spreadsheets as well.
Together, they merged their love for organization and Excel and have come up with Vertex42.
The Wittwer brothers have been making life easier for excel newbies by providing free spreadsheet templates for managing time, personal finances, education, and careers.
Can you use Vertex42?
Yes, if you have a computer with excel or google pages and you need a spreadsheet, then you must check them out, again they have spreadsheets for uses you haven’t even dream about, and again they are very easy to use, they have done the hard work for you. Almost anyone from all stages of life in all kinds of the industry will most likely find a spreadsheet template for their personal use.
Classes are overloaded, home works and projects are piling up, and stress is shooting through the roof.
What could be the best way to manage all these than to just go ahead and download a Homework Planner? Perhaps Class Time Sheet?
Teachers and managers can easily download templates for managing attendance, lesson planning, etc. which can assist them in organizing an otherwise chaotic scene.
Small Business Owners
Managing a business can become really stressful, especially if it is a one-man team. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
Templates from the site include an invoice, timesheets & payroll, financial statements, budgets, calculators, project management, inventory, data analysis, schedules, general planner, etc.
All of which are helpful tools in running a successful business, right from start-up!
With helpful spreadsheets which they can download from the site, you can easily keep track of important things. From the simplest grocery list to the most complicated home mortgage, find everything home and family-related spreadsheet!
Also find an entire section for health charts and logs, which includes food logs and meal planners;
perfect for health-conscious parents who want the best for their children.
Vertex42 Main Advantages
1. User-Friendly Website
Of course, the website itself is as organized as its goals. You can find a couple of categories on the tabs such as Excel templates, Calendars, Calculators, Gantt Chart, Word Templates, Education, Apps, and Blog.
These tabs have drop-down menus that you can access by hovering over them. You will find more options under each one that will direct you to collections of downloadable spreadsheets same time and increase your productivity!
2. Updated Printable Calendars
Under the Calendars tab, you will find calendars with different designs that are also theme-enabled, so you can freely adjust them to your preferences once you have downloaded them.
There are yearly and monthly calendars available as well, with portrait and landscape options. You can even find ink-friendly calendars! ink is expensive!, you dont have to spend your entire ink cartridge to print one of those
Aside from the ones mentioned above, there are also weekly and daily planners up for grabs. Both planner styles are available for the current year and a perpetual ones.
3. Gantt Chart Templates
Developed by Henry Gantt, the Gantt Chart is a tool designed for project management in the early 1900s. It includes organized categories of tasks and project deliverables that are accompanied by bar charts to show the start and end times for each specified task.
4. Template Support and FAQ
On this page, we can find a quick tutorial on how to use Excel and how to go about using it. There are also links to other pages provided, with an in-depth explanation of certain topics including the basics. It includes outward links to how to open and save files, how to enter and edit data, how to format cells and text, etc.
There is also a section on this page that answers questions about specific templates found on the site. Say goodbye to your Excel confusion, as you find this page full of information. And if you haven’t found the answer you’re looking for, they have a Contact Us page…
5. Contact Us Page & Consulting Requests
If you aren’t convinced yet that these guys take Excel seriously, you might want to check out their Contact Us page. There, you can find their social media handles, plus the founder’s e-mail address where you can reach out to him personally. He replies within one business day if not sooner as the page says, as long as it is a legitimate non-spam e-mail. Don’t be wasting the Excel guy’s time!
And if that’s not enough, you can actually contact a Vertex42 Approved Consultant if you are on a more complex project that needs excel assistance. This site really is something.
6. Excel Tutorials for Beginners
Aside from the quick tutorial found on the Support page, there is also a whole page educating students, particularly middle and high school students, on how to properly and effectively use Excel.
The page includes video instructions with fun narrations, downloadable transcripts for each video, and also the very basic terminologies in the world of Excel. This is a very helpful skill to have as a student, and it is openly and freely available to access anytime!
Why trying to invent the wheel regarding spreadsheets
Now that you have learned all that Vertex42 can do for you, go and head on to their website.
Find the spreadsheet template that you so badly needed, download it, and get organized! Be the most productive you could ever be. I am sure you will be coming for more, and more spreadsheets as you understand how amazing this site is, and how much time and headache will save you.
The templates are free for download, so you don’t have to buy anything if you just need small and simple templates. Don’t waste your time Googling things about Excel. Stop looking for reviews someplace else.
Ok, first a small introduction, assuming you dont know what an excel spreadsheet is :
An excel spreadsheet template is a setup configuration that allows a user to feed data to predetermined cells. Usually, you can enter the results into the cells and use formulas pre-coded into the program to calculate and analyze your data. For this reason, many businesses use excel spreadsheets to keep records of their company and their employees.
What can you use spreadsheets for?
Ever since its creation in 1985, Excel has grown into an international workplace tool. And in business, you can do just about anything with it. Besides, it is a powerful tool that allows companies to: analyze data, schedule tasks, budget, and connect with clients, among others.
To understand the uses of these excel spreadsheets, you need to understand the different template categories.
Excel spreadsheet templates play a massive role in business. This is because, whether large or small, all companies have to deal with a great deal of information. Therefore, the best way to organize this data is using a program that allows for managing and analyzing said data. Whether it’s a monthly expense spreadsheet or a spreadsheet template for expenses, you will need an effective way to keep track of your business dealings.
Other uses of spreadsheet templates in businesses include the creation of questionnaires, data entry, storage, and accounts and calculations. Scheduling and administrative tasks are also organized, thanks to excel spreadsheet templates.
Also, the tool allows you to prepare marketing tasks, payroll management, and reports with ease. Examples of such templates include the small business petty cash log, weekly time record of small business, and profit and loss statement templates.
- Spreadsheet Template for Personal use
You can also use excel spreadsheet templates for personal reasons. A google spreadsheet workout template is an excellent example of such. Also, if you want to keep track of your bills and personal finances, a spreadsheet template for accounts and personal finances comes in handy.
There are countless ways in which you can use a spreadsheet template for personal reasons. Whether you plan to work out, prepare for your schedule and personal business, keep track of your expenses and savings, manage a project you took on, or plan meals, then you can use excel templates for any of the above reasons.
Examples of such templates include the personal monthly budget, weekly chore schedule, and loan calculator.
- Planners and trackers
Working without a plan rarely achieves the wanted results. Businesses understand this, and that is why they invest in human resource officers and shift supervisors. Even the meals served are planned beforehand. To keep a clean and clear record of all these events, you need a tool that takes up the role of planners and trackers in your organization.
Excel spreadsheet templates like the meal plan template, google sheets, and the attendance sheet template allow the people in charge to record what you do and when you do it.
Examples include the sales invoice tracker, the loan amortization schedule, and the Gantt project planner.
People find a way to come up with countless lists in their lifetime. And businesses are no different. You need to keep a list of your expenses, salary payouts, clients, suppliers, events, donations, and so forth. Relying on human memory to remember all that is quite an overshoot.
That is why spreadsheets like the goodwill donation spreadsheet template 2020 exist. Therefore, you can keep track of your event logs with ease.
- Spreadsheet Template for Budgeting
Budgeting is an essential aspect of businesses. Microsoft understands this and has created spreadsheet templates for bills, and budgeting, aiming to help business owners keep track of their money with ease.
Some budgeting spreadsheet templates include the monthly company budget, a general ledger, and profit and loss statements.
Other spreadsheet templates you can access from Excel include charts and calendars.
of course, we are falling short, there are literally hundreds of different templates, and as our title suggest, we are sure that there is a spreadsheet template for that, so before you start breaking your head, and losing time check out this amazing website, they have everything you might need regarding spreadsheet templates, and yes they have ios and google versions too… check them out here
Excel-based Production Scheduling System
On Time Delivery Tool
Scheduler123 is the powerful production scheduling software in Excel spreadsheets. Scheduler123 empowers master schedulers to help their manufacturing Deliver Products On Time. The snow ball effect of the delivery product on time will be…
- Satisfy Customers
- Retain loyalty Customers
- Increase Sales
- Drive Revenue Growth and Deliver Profit!.
Scheduler123 is easy to use tool with 1-2-3 steps
- Step I – Load new order and update current order
- Step II – Adjust parameters such as priority and press “Rescheduling” button
- Step III – Send production schedule reports to all concerns
Key Features Scheduler123
– Visual control – easily tell when orders are Late or On-Time
– Prevents incomplete orders from being released to production, which will be caused production line down using ‘no earlier than date’
– One-button rescheduling to re-prioritize and then it re-schedules future jobs accordingly
– Handles Weekly Working Time and Break Time
– 120-day time-fence scheduling period
– 2,000 order-operation lines in scheduler workbench sheet
– Sort by Job Order, or by Work Center
– View Gantt chart in summary( 12, 24 hr/block ) or in detail ( 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 hr/block )
– Prints daily Production Schedule for each work center for operators, for Production Supervisor, for all sales which take care their customers, for all concern Managers, for top management with a high-level summary report
– Create custom Reports, with all fields from the scheduler workbench, using the Pivot Table feature for multi-dimensional analysis
• Improve On-Time Delivery (OTD) KPI
• Improving % Customer Retention Rate
• Improvement Customer Satisfaction Index
• Reduce % Late Order per Period
• Reduce % Production Line down waiting for shortage material
• Reduce labor cost and overhead cost support for urgent order
More Key Features
• Easy to Learn – With step-by-step action guide and online demonstration video.
• Easy to Use – Develop for every Excel user with a macro button for repetitive tasks or complicate tasks.
• “One Button” Automated Finite Capacity Scheduling – The planned start date and the planned end date of all operations of all loaded orders will be automatically suggested.
• Forward Scheduling and Sequencing by Priority number, then by No Earlier than Date
• Batch Transfer Hour – To shorten manufacturing throughput time by allowing starting the current operation after the previous operation start for the batch-transfer hours.
• Flexible Gantt Chart – Can view Gantt chart in detail or in summary (every hour, 2,4,6,8,12 hour,s or every day) with or without shade on Saturday/Sunday
• Powerful Visual Control – All operations can have color status: Green – On-Time, Red – Late, Pink/Blue – Buffer time. The scheduler can rapid see red color which shows on some operations
and find a solution to fix it with a quick response.
• 120 Days Time Fence Period – Can have schedule visibility for 4 months
• 2,000 planning lines ( job-operation rows )
• 20 Calendars for 20 individual-calendar work centers or for 100 shared-calendar work centers – Implement work centers with their own calendars up to 20 work centers means each work center
can have their own preventive maintenance, overtime assignment, etc.
• Weekly Break Time and Holiday – Each calendar will have its own weekly break time and a holiday which working time of that calendar will be reduced automatically.
• What if capacity? – When the scheduler found that some orders cannot meet the committed due date, he can have many choices to resolve them.
• All Production Schedule Report in One Time – Update all Production Schedule Reports for all concerns automatically when clicking on the “Rescheduling” Button
• Unlimited Customized Reports – Can copy from a standard report for all fields in Scheduler Workbench, and using Pivot Table for multi-dimensional analysis.
• 5 User-defined Fields – For your customized reports
• Separate Mon-Fri working time template to support night shift and support weekends of some countries that are not Saturday and Sunday.
• Infinite Work Center to support outsourcing operations
you can learn more and even book for a demo here
Menstrual Cycle Calendar and Period Tracker
You can make a list of the first day of each of your periods and how long they last.
Our free Menstrual Cycle Calendar and Period Tracker can help you anticipate when your next period will start
Then a one-year calendar will highlight the days when you’ve been on your period
so you can see trends in your menstrual cycle.
The tracker will calculate the average number of days between cycles, as well as how long they typically last.
As you start to see patterns in your cycles, you can record when you think your future periods will start,
and the calendar will shade those dates as well (in a different color).
When your period does start, just update your prediction to match the real date.
Month-to-month variation may prevent you from predicting the exact date your periods will start.
Even so, tracking your cycles will help you guess the approximate date, and you will be less likely to be taken by surprise.
The menstrual cycle calendar is very straightforward. You only need to input three things:
1) the year you want the calendar to show,
2) the start date of each menstrual cycle and
3) the number of days each period lasts.
Note: If you would rather track your periods by hand, you can just print out the period tracker without any start dates. Then you can just color in the days you are on your period.
After doing that, you can return to the spreadsheet and enter in the dates and durations to calculate your average cycle.
Predicting future periods:
When you know your average menstrual cycle length, you can use this template to create a calendar to show future predictions. In the table to the right of the calendar (cell Y17), enter the start date of your latest period.
Then, to fill in the rest of the dates, in cell Y18 enter the formula =Y17+30 but replace 30 with your average cycle length (in days), and copy Y18 down to Y29
you can dowload the file here
google sheets click here
Among many common spreadsheets use, the most common uses of a spreadsheet can be to create budgets, make graphs and charts, and sorting and sorting big amounts of data.
on a business level, spreadsheets are used to forecast future performances, complete basic payroll, calculate taxes, calculate revenues, project management, inventory templates, invoice, and receipts among many other uses.
The list of applications to a spreadsheet is enormous, but here is a shortlist of uses :
- Modelling and Planning
- Business accounts and budgeting
- household finance planning
- attendance lists
- calculations, from basic to complex
- break even analysis
- statistical analysis
- graph creation
- data collections
- loan calculators
- to do lists
- pro-cons list
- financial calculators
- blood sugar log sheets
and many more uses, one of the best places online to find everything excel related is vertex42.com
Advantages of spreadsheets
spreadsheets are better than manual calculations because they are faster, they can give you charts for easily understand the data visually
spreadsheets can help you calculate very complex formulas, and will allow an unlimited amount of data to be entered and measured
more advantages are :
- calculations are correct ( if you input the formula and variables correctly!)
- calculations are completed automatically ( with the push of a button)
- information is organized and quickly can be modified
- information can be sorted and filtered to show you just what you need
- reports are made with charts and graphics along the data if you need some graphics
BMI : Body Mass Index
Body Mass Index is defined as your weight divided by the square of your height, using the metric units kg/m^2.
The BMI formula does not apply to children (see the references below). You can calculate BMI using one of these BMI formulas:
- Metric Units: BMI = Weight[kg] / ( Height[m] x Height[m] )
- English Units: BMI = 703 x Weight[lb] / ( Height[in] x Height[in] )
BMI Chart and Calculator
This spreadsheet for Excel contains a BMI calculator that uses both the CDC and the NHANES II definitions for BMI. The chart shows your BMI on the spectrum based on the chosen formula and gender. This spreadsheet also contains a worksheet used to create the BMI charts listed above (using quite a few special tricks that may delight the Excel enthusiast).
Technically, both the CDC and NHANES II definitions use the same BMI formula. It’s only the range of values for each category that is different.
There are other formulas besides the BMI that are used for determining ideal weight. Our Ideal Weight Chart includes some additional formulas, but keep in mind that “ideal” weight can be highly subjective, and formulas are usually just approximations.
How to Reference Our BMI Chart
You may include the GIF image of our Body Mass Index Chart on your website or blog, but you must reference this page by including a hyperlink and citation in the image caption like the following:
– BMI Chart created by Vertex42.com. Used with permission.
you can find more timeline spreadsheet here
Calendarios para imprimir
La Plantilla Calendario en esta página es una de las más útiles herramientas de calendario gratis para crear calendarios para imprimir.
Esta nueva versión se puede utilizar para crear un calendario del año 2021 o un calendario para cualquier año en el futuro.
También puede ser utilizado para crear un calendario escolar. Espero le sea útil.
Para Usar Nuestra Plantilla Calendario Gratis
1. En la hoja de cálculo del Calendario, escriba el año y el mes de comenzar. Para un calendario escolar puede escribir 2016 para el año y 8 para el mes de comenzar para crear una calendario escolar de 2016-2017.
2. Escriba un título para el calendario en la celda Y4 de la hoja de cálculo del Calendario. Esto actualizará el título en todos los demás calendarios mensuales.
3. Cuando haya escogido el mes de comenzar, cambie el nombre de las hojas de calendario mensual. “enero”, “febrero” …
The chart features in Google Sheets are finally developed enough that you can make a decent horizontal or vertical timeline using a scatter plot and data labels.
You can download the template below, or follow the basic steps provided on this page to get started on your own timeline from scratch.
I don’t explain all of the little details, but there are few key steps to follow if you want to try making a timeline from scratch.
You can learn the rest from experimenting.
to download a free template from Vertex42 click here
find how to calculate the BMI index here
Pivot Tables what are they?
A Pivot Table is one of the most powerful and useful tools available for quickly summarizing data in a spreadsheet. The Pivot Table feature was introduced in Excel 5 back in 1994 and has seen dramatic improvements in function and ease-of-use since then, naturally its available on google spreadsheets as well.
Pivot Tables are both fast and flexible. With pivot tables, you can easily filter, sort, and summarize your data and turn thousands of rows of data into actionable insights.
To find a complete tutorial please click here and learn more
Pivot tables are incredibly powerful and useful tools. Make sure to add them to your toolbox.
Naturally there are hundreds of different spreadsheet categories that you can find in Vertex42.com
you are going to be amazed of the number of spreadsheets they have, i am sure you will find what you need, and even find things you didn’t know that could be done with a spreadsheet, so go there and enjoy
A simple annual leave spreadsheet is a great tool you can use to track and manage different data sets regarding your staff.
The uses of a simple yearly leave spreadsheet are as follows:
- Help to track holidays and vacations
- Help in issuing planned leaves for the members
- Support in maintaining transparent workflows among the staff by planning the leaves throughout the year.
- The template can also be used to create a leave schedule or shift schedule.
You can use the leave tracker following the steps below:
- Edit the labels and year in your ToDate worksheet
- Enter the names of the employees in the ToDate worksheet
- Save the template backup
- Record the leave on the monthly worksheets.
A simple worksheet will help track different leave codes among the staff, including sick leaves, vacation leaves, paternity/maternity leaves, leave in lieu overtimes, casual leave tracking, and half-day leaves. These sets of information are crucial in planning the workforce for the coming year.
Besides, you can obtain information on the yearly or monthly total of the different leave types that could assist with leave management and project planning.
What is a kanban board?
A kanban board is a digital or a physical project management tool that helps visualize work,
maximize efficiency and limit the work that is being executed.
For example, you can use a kanban in a spreadsheet to better understand your processes and get a picture of the entire workload.
How to use a kanban board
When using the kanban board, you should start by building a simple structure and enhance the board gradually to transform it into a new workflow management system. The main components of a kanban board are as follows:
- Work-in-progress limits
- The kanban columns
- The kanban swimlanes
- The kanban cards
What data can you tract with a kanban board?
You can use the Kanban board to track the following sets of data:
- Get a perfect visual of the existing and the potential problems in your processes.
- Tracking the focus and limiting the work-in-progress
- Identify the work blockers
- Identify the areas that lead to time wastage in your processes.
- Collect workflow metrics for improvement.