What is a Kanban board template?
What is a kanban board?
A kanban board is a digital or a physical project management tool that helps visualize work,
maximize efficiency and limit the work that is being executed.
For example, you can use a kanban in a spreadsheet to better understand your processes and get a picture of the entire workload.
How to use a kanban board
When using the kanban board, you should start by building a simple structure and enhance the board gradually to transform it into a new workflow management system. The main components of a kanban board are as follows:
- Work-in-progress limits
- The kanban columns
- The kanban swimlanes
- The kanban cards
What data can you tract with a kanban board?
You can use the Kanban board to track the following sets of data:
- Get a perfect visual of the existing and the potential problems in your processes.
- Tracking the focus and limiting the work-in-progress
- Identify the work blockers
- Identify the areas that lead to time wastage in your processes.
- Collect workflow metrics for improvement.